Estate Winemaker vacancy – closing date 31st January 2020
Vinescapes are recruiting for a full time Estate Winemaker for one of our presigious clients based in Hampshire, England.
Applications close 31st January 2020. 1st round interviews are expected to take place the 10th – 15th February 2020. Final interviews will take place soon after. The successful candidate must be able to commence work in mid-June 2020 and have the right and ability to take up employment in the UK.
To Apply: Please forward a copy of your CV, two reference contacts*, and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full Time Salary: £40,000 – 45,000 per annum dependent on experience
Accommodation: Available dependent on circumstances
Holiday allowance: 25 days excluding public holidays
Reporting to: Owner
A truly exciting, rare and outstanding opportunity to work with a unique team focussed 100% on making premium-quality high-end wine. The Wine Estate in Berkshire (England) will produce only the finest wine from 20 hectares (ha) of vines planted in 2018, predominantly for sparkling wine production.
This is a privileged position reporting directly to the business owner. The successful candidate will have full responsibility for winemaking in a new state-of-the-art winery, as well as working with the Vineyard Manager and team (including top Sommeliers and Masters of Wine) to craft grapes and wines of exceptional quality. This hands-on role requires a high degree of self motivation, dedication and desire to manage the Estate’s wine production and strive for perfection.
We are seeking an experienced and passionate winemaker. The candidate will demonstrate experience in all aspects of wine making operations as well as strong oenology and viticulture science, planning, communication and interpersonal skills. They will be a strong team player with good observational, diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
• Making impeccable wine
• Managing all aspects of wine production
• Winery health & safety
• Managing winery staff
• Winery and wine production budget management
• Actively assisting with vineyard activities as required
• Establishing and managing environmental and waste management plans
In addition, as and when reasonably requested the post holder will be required to provide:
• Support to commercial activities and representation of the Estate
• Flexibility and ability to work overtime up to 7-days per week as needed, during harvest and at other key times of the year
• Any other reasonable and relevant duties from time to time
Experience and training
• Professional high-end winemaking, desirably cool-climate and sparkling wine
• Experience in managing staff
• Relevant operational licences
• A tertiary or higher-education qualification in oenology/winemaking is desirable
Accommodation and location
There may be accommodation provided near or on-site as part of the employment package, if required and dependent on circumstance. The estate is in a stunning location in rural Berkshire with amenities and primary and secondary schools nearby.
*Please note the application process is confidential and references will not be contacted unless you are offered the position.