Vinescapes recruiting Vineyard Manager/Viticultural Consultant
Job Title: Vineyard Manager / Viticultural Consultant
The Company: Vinescapes Services Ltd. provides premium Vineyard Establishment and Management services across England. Due to high demand from the sector, Vinescapes is building a team of professional viticulturists, making premium precision vineyard management and consultancy accessible to vineyards of all sizes. We are an expanding business with opportunities for the right candidate to grow with us and be a part of a professional, knowledgeable, fun and supportive team.
Role Purpose: This exciting and dynamic role involves high level technical and precise management of multiple vineyards and requires strong viticultural knowledge with a minimum of 5 years’ managerial experience in cool climate viticulture.
Role Time: Full time
Reporting to: Managing Director
Location: Cira 80%-90% at client sites, remainder office based (Dorking, Surrey).
Salary: An attractive salary and benefits is offered for this exciting role.
Role requirements:Managing multiple vineyards your role will be to build strong relationships with the clients and provide exceptional vineyard management services in order to achieve premium results for each client. This will include, but not be limited to:
- Visit client vineyards regularly to undertake all vineyard management activities including to scout, analyse, plan, organise, record keep and report.
- Manage the timing and details of each vineyard operation and ensure carried out as required, in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Source, instruct and manage third party contractors or manage in-house teams including vineyard staff training and team supervision, as required.
- Support clients with vineyard forecasting and budgeting.
- Work closely with agronomists to optimise spray programs and develop IPM systems.
- Continuously seek to improve clients’ vineyard sustainability, both environmentally and financially through strong management techniques.
The provision of technical viticulture consultancy will also be required together with occasional project work such as new product development e.g. ag-tech research and development and tractor driving/operations. Other ad-hoc work for the wider Vinescapes group may also be required.
Please see the full job description here. To apply for this post please email: joel@vinescapes. with your CV and a covering letter setting out why you would be suitable for this post. Closing date 31May 2022.