Job Vacancy – Vineyard Operations Manager – Closing Date: 13th August 2021
The Vinescapes group is recruiting an experienced Vineyard Operations Manager at a time of exciting growth within the business. The successful candidate will have an exceptional track record in managing cool-climate high-quality vineyards, in managing vineyard establishments and in building strong and successful client
relationships. They will have the experience and ability to work with a small dynamic team in the UK’s premier Vineyard and Winery consultancy.
The Vineyard Operations Manager will be responsible for vineyard establishment operations and vineyard management across multiple projects, ensuring the highest levels of quality and customer care are achieved. They will also play a critical role in developing our viticulture service provision and supporting our viticulture consultants with the smooth running of their portfolios. The ideal candidate will have a proven viticulture skill, management experience and embedded knowledge of Health & Safety systems.
Vinescapes prides itself on having an exceptional team of dedicated and hardworking individuals across every area of the business, where there is a shared goal of building world-class wine bands and sustainable environments. The successful candidate will be expected to actively support all our staff and clients in this goal.
The Vineyard Operations Manager will be responsible for:
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships.
- Vineyard establishment projects, including: Soil sampling and analysis; materials recommendations, calculations, procurement and ordering; establishment logistics, quality control and operations management.
- Providing high-level vineyard management services to multiple clients and managing vineyard teams.
- Achieving budgeted vineyard yields and fruit quality specifications.
- Supporting the viticulturist with client training and viticulture services.
- Providing other viticulture and business support as required.
Skills and qualification requirements:
- Degree in viticulture or similar with a minimum of 5-years experience managing cool-climate vineyards.
- Skilled in client relationship development and staff management.
- Sound knowledge of sustainable vineyard practices and competent operator of vineyard machinery..
- Team player in a small fast-growing business with a dynamic and flexible approach to working across multiple projects.
- Excellent computer skills
- Full right to work in the UK with driving license.
- The role will include significant travel in the UK.
Desirable skills and qualifications:
- Full pesticide spray licenses.
- Geographic Information Systems capability.
- Project management qualifications.
- First aid trained.
- Trailer/HGV license.
How to apply:
Submit your curriculum vitae and covering letter addressing the position requirements to: email@example.com by 13th August 2021.
Please ensure you outline your Right to Work in the UK or if visa sponsorship is required.