Join our team – we are looking for a viticulturist!
This exciting role requires a good level of technical skill in cool-climate viticulture, the ability and flexibility to work in multiple UK vineyards, and the competence to manage work priorities and customer relations.
The Viticulturist will work with a Vineyard Director and will be responsible for the delivery of vineyard activities, viticulture processes and reporting functions in young vineyards. The role is varied and dynamic and there are opportunities for the right candidate to further develop their skills, knowledge and viticulture career with us.
Key responsibilities include:
• Working with our Vineyard Director to oversee multiple young vineyards.
• Scout for diseases, pests, nutrient deficiencies, phenology, and general vineyard health and performance.
• Training, supervising and working with operatives during manual work, e.g. shoot selection, pruning, harvesting etcetera.
• Undertaking some tractor work e.g. mowing, cultivating, spraying, trimming.
• Record keeping and reporting details of vineyard activities and management requirements to the Vineyard Director.
• Working closely with the Vineyard Director to design timely, budget conscious and environmentally sustainable vineyard work programs.
• Continually improving clients’ vineyard sustainability, both environmentally and financially through strong management techniques.
• Engagement with and support of clients through vineyard updates.
As well as the core requirements, set out above, as a team player you will be expected to undertake other ad-hoc work and engage fully with other business activities.
Applicant skills and qualifications: We are seeking an energetic and passionate candidate who demonstrates good practical viticulture experience and has strong planning, communication, and interpersonal skills. This role demands a high degree of flexibility, motivation, professionalism, and dedication. It is designed for a person who truly wants to add value and understands the importance of credibility, reliability, and high-end service provision.
• 3-years minimum cool-climate vineyard employment.
• A viticulture qualification is a significant advantage.
• Personable, passionate, confident and a desire to learn and advance your career.
• Comfortable speaking with clients and staff.
• Fluent in spoken and written English.
• A strong work ethic and willingness to travel.
• Full clean driver’s license and own transport.
• Competent tractor operator, including spraying (PA1, 2 & 3 licenses preferable) (training can be provided)
• Good IT and mobile application skills.
• Eligible to work in the UK.
Reporting to: Vineyard Director and Managing Director
Location: Circa 80% at client sites across the UK with the remainder being office based (Dorking, Surrey).
Package: An attractive salary and benefits is offered for this exciting role. The Viticulturist will be mentored by the Vineyard Director with the aim of skill development and progression within Vinescapes.
To Apply: Please forward a copy of your CV and a covering letter to: Paula@vinescapes.com
Closing date: 21st November 2022
Job Description pdf here.