Vinescapes recruiting vineyard technician
The company: Vinescapes is the UK’s premiere vineyard management provider, delivering high-quality bespoke services for our valued clients. Viticulture excellence, sustainability, customer care and pride in our work are central to our culture. As a rapidly expanding business we have opportunities for staff to grow with us and be a part of a professional, knowledgeable, and dynamic team.
Role purpose: This exciting role requires a good level of technical skill in cool-climate viticulture, the ability and flexibility to work in multiple UK vineyards, and the aptitude and competence to manage work priorities and customer relations. The Vineyard Technician will work under instruction from the Vineyard Manager or Managing Director and will be responsible for the delivery of vineyard activities, viticulture processes and reporting functions.
Role time: Full time or part time
Reporting to: Vineyard Manager or Managing Director.
Location: Cira 80% at client sites across the UK, remainder office based (Dorking). The role does require significant travel within the UK.
Package: An attractive salary and benefits is offered for this exciting role. The Vineyard Technician will be mentored by the Vineyard Manager or Managing Director with the aim of skill development and progression within Vinescapes Services.
The Vineyard Technician must be motivated, as part of a team, to achieve premium results for each client. To do so the role requires:
- Working in client vineyards to:
- undertake tractor work (e.g., mowing, cultivating, spraying, trimming etc).
- train, supervise and work with operatives during manual work (e.g., shoot selection, pruning, harvesting etc).
- scout for disease, pests, nutrient deficiencies, phenology, and general vineyard health and performance.
- Record keeping and reporting details of vineyard activities and management requirements to the Vineyard Manager or Managing Director.
- Working closely with the Vineyard Manager or Managing Director to design timely, budget conscious and environmentally sustainable vineyard work programs.
- Engagement with and support clients through vineyard updates.
As well as the core requirements set out above, as a team player the right candidate will be expected to undertake other ad-hoc work and engage fully with other business activities.
To apply for this post please email: email@example.com with your CV and a covering letter setting out why you would be suitable for this post. Closing date Friday 30 June.